ZMorph VX FDM Full Set 3D printer
ZMorph VX Full Set
- 1.75 mm single filament extruder
- Dual-Pro filament extruder (mixing of two filaments)
- Laser Pro module
- CNC Pro module
- form for dense dough (e.g. Ciocollato)
More than a 3D printer, the Zmorph VX should be called "the personal digital factory", as it is able not only to manufacture objects with 3D fused filament technology (also in multiple colors with image mapping), but also to engrave and dig the wood with the CNC accessory, to cut and engrave with the laser module, to create complex sweets with the chocolate extruder.
Switching from one construction technology to another is very simple, since everything has been designed to make the use of the machine intuitive. Suppose we want to switch from 3D printing to CNC (or laser): unscrew the only screw that mechanically locks the extruder, disconnect its multipolar connector, detach the printing plate (locked in position by a precise magnetic system ), put the work plate for CNC / laser and the laser module (or CNC milling machine) and you're done. With a couple of minutes, we went from one system of work to another.
Speaking of plates, it should be noted that both that for 3D printing and that for laser / CNC have been completely changed compared to the previous version: the first is now an "ultra-flat" (heatable up to 100 degrees), while the second is made entirely of aluminum with holes and clamps to facilitate the blocking of the materials to be worked.
The machine structure is extremely resistant to vibrations thanks to the frame made entirely of 3 mm and 6 mm thick aluminum and stainless steel; in some areas, metal bars have also been added as additional reinforcement.
The working chamber is completely closed by a transparent PET cover, which allows to improve the 3D printing of materials such as ABS and Nylon and not to disperse the powders of CNC machining in the environment.
Thanks to its "Dual-Pro" extruder (and to the Voxelizer 2.0 management / slicing program) it is also able to do something that no other 3D printer can: mix colors in such a way as to obtain any shade or even "map" an image. Here are some of the possible uses of the advanced two-filament system (from top to bottom): selective printing with two different materials, mixing of colors, mapping of an image on the surface of the printed object, printing with material for supports that dissolves in water (so you can create complex objects without problems).
All types of manufacturing are managed by a single software provided free of charge and developed by the same house, called Voxelizer as it uses voxel, a volume element, instead of the usual triangles typical of 3D modeling.
It has now reached version 2.0 and is even easier to use, thanks to the renewed graphics and the complete separation between additive, CNC and laser machining. It is also able to manage other printers, such as the BCN3D Sigma.
- print volume 250 * 235 * 165 mm (with lid raised 300 * 235 * 160 mm)
- 3D printing technology: FDM
- Maximum vertical resolution: from 50 microns to 400 microns
- Relocation accuracy: 14 microns and 0.6 microns respectively for the XY plane and for the Z axis
- High precision steel profiles for the X and Y axes
- Nozzle hole: 0.3 mm or 0.4 mm depending on the extruder
- Heated plate temperature: up to 145 °
- Filament type: PLA, ABS, PVA, Nylon, plastic with wood, plastic with metals, elastic plastic ...
- Here are the materials that can be processed by the Zmorph VX Full Set
- 3D printing: ABS and derivatives, PLA and derivatives, PVA, PET, ASA, Nylon, HIPS, Thermochrome, TPU, Flex materials,
- CNC cutting and engraving: All types of wood, Polycarbonate, HDPE, Acrylic glass, Processing wax, Modeling panel, Composites similar to Dibond, Copper laminates (for PCB), POM, PVC foam,
- Laser engraving: all types of wood, leather, copper laminate (for PCB),
- Laser cutting: paper, cardboard, felt, materials for thin gaskets,
- Thick paste printing: chocolate, cookie dough, cream cheese, icing, ceramic.